Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Need More Space

Lately I want to grow everything. And by lately, I mean the last year or so.

I want a bay laurel tree, an avocado tree (or two, I hear you need two), a grafted apple/pear tree, a grafted lemon/lime tree, an orange tree, a peach tree, lots of lavendar, a few different grapevines (both for eating and for winemaking), all the major herbs, onions, different kinds of tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, red bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers, romaine, red cabbage, leeks, shallots, corn, sweet and red potatoes.... I could go on.

There is something about going outside and picking my own thyme that feels awesome. When you can pick a tomato off the vine and put it in your salad...

This, of course, is impossible at the moment. I can handle a bunch of herbs, and I have 4 grapevines, a couple tomato plants, and my cabbage, but my yard couldn't handle another tree. I need a bigger yard, so I can have my shady patio, and a sunny area where I could grow veggies.

No comments: