Sunday, June 1, 2008

Let's Go Angels

On Friday a co-worker of mine was trying to get rid of some tickets to today's Angels game. Someone he knew had purchased a whold block and had some extras. Bobby and I have often talked about taking Emma to a baseball game, and this seemed perfect. They had already broken even on the block of tickets, so I was able to get five tickets for free!

So this afternoon Bobby, Emma, Brian, Caelyn, and I all went to the Angels game. We had some nice seats, lower view level, just behind the first base foul pole, and got there just as the 4th inning was ending, and the Blue Jays were up 3-2. The score stayed the same until the bottom of the ninth, when after walking a batter to load the bases, the Blue Jays pitcher hit the batter with a ball to tie it up. The next batter only had to hit a single to win the game 4-3.

We all really enjoyed the game, and I learned later that the Blue Jays pitcher that was brought in the last inning, had never before failed to maintain the lead. I kinda feel bad for the guy, but I'm still glad the Angels won - that's my team.

No comments: