Wednesday, October 24, 2007

So Cal Fires

These fires are insane. I really wish I had my camera with me this morning. As soon as I started my drive to work, I looked up at the sky and was able to look directly at the sun. It was bright red and there were clouds in front of it all lit a bright orange. The sky was relatively clear near my house, so the whole scene was rather picturesque.

I have friends near fires in San Diego, Santiago Canyon, Temecula, Lake Arrowhead... just hoping everyone stays safe.

This is a map of the fire closest to us:

I work just off Jamboree just south of the 405 near the airport, so I'm a decent distance from the Santiago Fire, but I tell you driving to work this morning it looked like I was driving straight for it. The sky was blue off to the sides of this massive cloud of smoke. The area around the airport is just a big cloud - it is grey and smoky and you can feel it in your lungs.

This picture and others were submitted by readers of the LA Times. Click here to view the rest.

No comments: