Friday, October 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Nana!

I've been a bit uninspired at work lately, and today Bobby was taking his Nana out for lunch for her birthday, so I decided to take the day off and join him.

Every year on her birthday, Nana meets up with her brothers and their wives at the chicken restaurant at Knotts Berry Farm. We went to pick her up and she was really excited - started telling us stories about her brothers. Bobby's cousin was also going to make it out.

Nana's brothers were quite entertaining. For the first 15 minutes or so the boys and their wives chatted about college football - who's team was doing well, the rankings, we-were-just-beat-by-so-and-so. Conversation ran anywhere from that to acting (Bobby's cousin was recently an extra on Grey's Anatomy, and one of the wives was a member of SAG back in the day), to rocks (one of the brothers is a rockhound, he even had some in his pocket that he gave us).

Lunch was lovely, and I caved at the end and ordered a slice of boysenberry pie. I only had a few bites, but I brought the rest home to have with some vanilla ice cream later. Nana had a scoop each of vanilla and boysenbery ice cream with a happy birthday candle.

I was really glad I took the day off, and Nana was really glad I could make it...

No comments: