Friday, September 14, 2007

Crazy Week

Work has been hectic - I am in the final throws of reviewing quotes for a new server, and at the same time we are in the process of re-organizing the office. On Thursday of last week I got the OK on a new server and to replace over half the desktops in the office. It was a rather exciting moment. This has been something I've wanted to do for years.

On one hand, they were doing some serious re-construction of the office - moving cubicles, tearing down a wall, constructing new cubicles (they are supposed to be finishing tonight), and on the other hand, I'm trying to do my normal work, which I'm already behind on. The re-arranging leads to computer issues, which I'm supposed to try to fix, and then my boss is panicking slightly because I'm falling behind. Each day it seemed I wouldn't even be at my desk most of the day because I'd be running all over fixing problems, and then I'd sit down to 45 unread emails.

Then, this morning I get into work, and check my personal email to find the bad news. The White Stripes concert that I bought tickets for has been cancelled. My money is being refunded, but I was really looking forward to it. But what can you do?

After work today I went out to the new Yard House in Fashion Island with some of my co-workers to wish farewell to one of our interns - Chantel. We had a good time, and I wound up hanging out for three hours.

We don't normally do this for interns when they leave, but Chantel was a very good intern and in general a pleasure to have around. Those interns are few and far between, but I can probably still rememeber all of their names. I wish Chantel well in her future endeavors.

No comments: