Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day BBQ

Barbecues are one of my favorite things about summer - both the grills themselves and barbecue parties.  When it's warm and light late, I probably grill four times a week or so.  It keeps me from warming up the house any more than I need to, and grilled food is so darn tasty.  Burgers & hot dogs, polska keilbasa & other sausages, steaks, salmon, asparagus, zucchini, portabella mushrooms, onions, colorful bell peppers, corn, tomatoes.  Grilled foods seem so simple and flavorful.

A couple weeks ago I mentioned to Bobby that we should have people over one last time before the summer ended, and today wound up being the day.  Unfortunately it was late notice so it was a pretty small crowd.  But the food was good.

I made up some simple kebabs with polska keilbasa, mini sweet peppers, onion, portabella mushrooms, zucchini and crookneck squash.  Erica and I spent most of last night and this morning making desserts - Lemon Semifreddo, truffles, chocolate chip cookies.

Next time we'll have to plan further ahead, and I'll have to give someone a camera, but it was a nice day.  

No comments: