Saturday, August 16, 2008

Reunion in the Park

Today was a popular day. I had an invitation to a birthday party/poker game, a birthday party for a 5 year old, and Bobby's family reunion at a park.

I really wanted to go the 5 year old's birthday party. I know that sounds strange, but I haven't seen my friend, her mom, since her wedding a few years ago. I figured Bobby would still be working on his parents' pool, and Emma and I could go to the party - I was sure she would love being around a bunch of other kids too.

But as I was mentioning it to Emma, I saw the flyer for the family reunion that same day... and vaguely remembered that we'd missed it last year. His mom seemed saddened by our missing last year, so we made sure we would go this time.

Initially, I was thinking we could go to the reunion for a while, then leave after a few hours and head to the birthday party. Alas, we've only just made it home and we are all downright exhausted. I have a nice little sunburn too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I missed you being at Bella's party too.... not to worry... I will be having another party for her when she turns 10... so hopefully I'll see you in 5 years! Ha! ;-)