Monday, May 28, 2007

Working on a Holiday

For the Memorial Day holiday, Bobby went to install his first job, and I went in to work.

Bobby had hired one pipe fitter, and his dad and brother, and my dad and brother all volunteered to help out. Bobby got there at 5am, and everyone else arrived at 6am, and they worked until about 4pm. It was a learning experience for everyone, and after 4 more trips to Home Depot and another $200 in tools and supplies, they had most of it done. Bobby realized that he needs a lot more (and better) tools (although his understanding was that the fitter was bringing his own set of tools, which was not the case), and as the day went on everyone got better at what they were doing.

We also realized that Bobby needs more than a small pickup, he needs a full size truck, so we are planning to sell my car, I'm going to buy his car, and he's going to buy a full size truck. So if you know anyone that wants to buy a red 2005 Honda Civic LX with side airbags, brand new front brakes, and 33K miles on it, send them my way. Blue Book is about $12K. Great car, we just need a four-door vehicle.

It turned out to be a perfect day for me to go in to work. When I got in, the phone system was down, and Caleb was emailing JoAnn, not knowing what to do - he had a conference call and he couldn't get in to the conference line. So I reboot the phone system. Then I was able to get a lot done because no one was bothering me all day.

No comments: