Thursday, February 21, 2008

Teapot

Almost a year and a half ago, Bobby's brother went to Japan on a business trip and brought us back a sake set and a bottle of sake. The set is really nice, and reminded me how much I wanted a Japanese tea set.

I'm the kind of person that goes to a restaurant and admires the dishes. In sushi bars, I love the little teapots and the teacups with no handles. On the cruise, I loved the little ramekins that the desserts were served in. I don't know what it is, but I'm drawn to the stuff.

So with my desire for a Japanese tea set renewed, I started browsing the net for an appropriate set. I was thinking I would do what I always do - find a few I liked but not commit to any of them. Then I found it - a set that matched our new sake set almost perfectly. I had to buy it.
When it arrived, even the boxes the two sets were packaged in were the same. Each with four cups. The only difference seems to be that one has white flowers, and the other white dots.
But I didn't use it. Both sets have sat in the cupboard waiting to be used. I finally pulled out the tea set the other day, and made myself some green tea. I think I'll leave it out now...

No comments: