Friday, February 15, 2008

Gorgonzola Stuffed Fillet

I stopped at Stater Bros. on the way home today to pick up a meat for dinner, and Beef Tenderloin steaks were on sale. I thought about the Gorgonzola I had in my refrigerator, and though I've never had a black & blue steak, I know Bobby is a big fan so I thought I would give it a try. Two steaks - $10.

When I got home, I cut a hole in the side of the steak so that it was still sealed on 3 sides. I stuffed as much Gorgonzola in there as I could, and then dredged the steaks in a mixture of very young olive oil, black truffle oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and Montreal Steak Seasoning. I let them sit in that until Bobby got home - about 30 minutes - and then cooked them over medium-high heat to somewhere between rare and medium rare.

It was yummy. Bobby said it was the best steak I've ever made.

No comments: