Saturday, September 3, 2005

I'm Off

My vacation officially began at the end of my workday yesterday. Hard to believe I don't have to go to work for over 3 weeks. I haven't taken time off like this for years. Usually a vacation for me means taking a four day weekend or something.

I'm leaving for my trip tomorrow night and I haven't even packed yet. Don't know if I'm really ready to leave yet. This is really going to be a totally new experience. Up until now the only trips I've taken have been with people that knew exactly where we were going... I never had to take control. Other than an evening in TJ, this will be my first time out of the country. And aside from some trips to Vegas, this will be my first travelling experience without my family.

This time I feel like I'm entering uncharted waters. I've planned most of the trip, and I'm good with maps (thankfully), but I'm feeling a bit intimidated. At the same time, I feel good about embarking on an adventure. I spend too much of my time doing the same things I always do. Gotta try new things and go new places and meet new people every once and awhile.

I'm really excited to see some of the places we are going too. The Van Gogh Museum, Anne Frank's House, the Louvre, St. Peter's Square, Oktoberfest, Notre Dame... just to name a few. And I'm really excited about the food and the wine and the shopping.

No comments: