Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Direction

It's been really frustrating lately, hearing of all the turmoil on Wall Street.  I can't help but think that both the economy and these major corporations have been drastically mismanaged.  Unfortunately all of us will suffer for it.

Then today I read an article by Thomas Keller in the LA Times Food section.  Thomas Keller is a chef, owner of two three-star restaurants, and the chef Pixar worked with on Ratatouille.  One statement really stood out for me:

"We always must ask ourselves: "Is this opportunity right for me, for my staff, and for my industry?" If the answer to all three is yes, then you should pursue it to the very best of your ability.  But if the answer to even one of them is no, then no matter how attractive the opportunity might seem, you must make what is often the most difficult choice of all and just walk away"

It seems such a simple statement, and yet so true.

No comments: