Sunday, February 4, 2007

A Super Bowl Sunday with Very Little Football

morning was pretty relaxed. I peaked into Emma's room and she was sleeping sideways along her pillows, head hanging off the side, still wrapped in her blanket but no longer under the covers or sheepskin. I started looking for something to watch that I wouldn't have to change when Emma woke up and settled on Lemony Snickets Series of Unfortunate Events. It's actually a pretty good movie. I think I read reviews when it came out that weren't very good, so I wasn't expecting much, but it was cute. Emma made her bed without being asked, and we set up Shrek 2 in her room.

Bobby and I were sitting at the table reading the paper and we hear Emma patter down the hall into the bathroom and start washing her face. We checked on her and she's rinsing her eye. She seemed a little embarrassed but finally tells us she was using some "spray stuff" and thought it was spraying out but it sprayed right in her eye. We walked down the hall and I tell you we could have been in the perfume department. My mom had given her two little bottles of perfume, and she'd sprayed one of them all over the room - now that bottle is empty. We told her that you shouldn't have to spray perfume more than once, but we're glad she did the right thing when she got it in her eye.

Eventually we packed up and headed to Bobby's parents' to watch the Super Bowl. We were both actually looking forward to the half-time show. Prince is an underrated guitarist. But 5 was when Emma had to be home, so the trip there and back was right during the show. After the game we were good and just packed up and headed home.

No comments: