Sunday, August 28, 2005

Up Early

I think there is some cosmic force out there that does not want me to sleep in. Ever. Anyone that is around the morning after a night out can tell you that I am the first one up. Doesn't matter if we went to bed at 4am, I'll be up at 7:30. I'll crash later - usually hard around 3 in the afternoon - but I will be up early, trying to be quiet so I don't wake anyone else up. Thank god for books.

But even when I specifically try to make sure I'm in a place where I can sleep until like 8 or something? Just a little extra? On the weekends? No, no sleeping in for me.

Friday I was looking forward to sleeping in the next morning. I stayed at my parents because I had some shit to do out here, thinking no one would be home, I can sleep in as late as I want. Then at 5am in the effing morning my parent's alarm clock goes off in the other room. I had to get up and struggle with turning off an unfamiliar alarm clock and then try to go back to sleep. Then my sister shows up to feed the dogs at 7am. Banging around making all kinds of noise. It was over, there was no way I was sleeping after that.

Then I was up late at my sister's party, and I came home, again thinking I would get some sleep. Wrong. My mom comes in at 6:30 in the morning because she needs some clothes from the room I'm sleeping in. She was in and out for like a half hour. At that point I was not going to be able to get back to sleep. C'est la vie.

No comments: