Monday, April 23, 2007

For the Love of the Game

Yesterday, Bobby and I went to hook our PS2 up to the projector. Three trips to Target, one to Radio Shack, one to Game Stop, and 4 hours later, I was able to play. We tore the whole back room of the house apart, and then had to put it back together. First we had to get an extender for the audio because it didn't reach far enough; then when we got home, realized we'd bought the wrong cable, went back out, then we could get sound but no video. Why, because the receiver (basically the thing that controls which audio and video to put out) wouldn't choose to display composite (the type of cable used) over component (another type) input (I don't understant that either). Then we were out of composite inputs on the reciever, so we had to use the switch, and hook that up to the receiver instead, and find a composite cable for a PS2. Now I have to go back to Target and Radio Shack to return cables and adaptors we bought but wound up not even needing. I even found a cable in our miscellaneous wires and cables box that is the same as one we bought and never needed. But now I can play my game on this massive screen. :)

But while we were at Target I convinced Bobby to buy me Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. I have the first one, and no, I haven't finished it yet, but I love it - so I need the next one. I think I love it so much because of it's similarity to Super Mario, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (which was probably my favorite), Zelda, Mega Man, and all the other Nintendo games I played as a kid. No super complex key strokes, or touchy controls; when I move the controls my character doesn't run off faster than I can control it. You just cruise around, defeating bad guys, picking up stuff along the way. A game for old people like me. But I am more fond of the original trilogy movies than the new ones, so I had to have it. I think I'll have to bring it with me to Colorado so Nathan and I can play, since he shares my love of the first game.

No comments: