Sunday, January 6, 2008

Spa Day Redeaux

Dad has been spending all his spare time working on the brewery lately. Mom's been home alone a lot.

My New Years vacation was consumed by my the flu, and I'm not sure where it went.

Mom and I both love Glen Ivy when the weather is cool like this. Hot tubs just sound so much more appealing when it's cold outside.

I worked at Glen Ivy during high school and the beginning of college, so I could go anytime I wanted. Then my sister worked there and it was the same. I still knew most of the people, and I would just drop by whenever. Now my sister-in-law works there as an esthetician, so I still have an in. So I asked Mom if she wanted to go with me to the spa, and had my sister-in-law book a facial for me with her that day.

It was just what we both needed. We spent some time in the hot pools, and the sauna, and the steam room; I had my facial and we went down into the Grotto. It was so wonderful and relaxing. When we left at the end of the day, we decided to treat ourselves to a sushi dinner as well.

I love spa days!

No comments: