Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Some Random Thoughts

I've had some random thoughts about recent news that I've been dying to tell someone:
I read this article, and thought to myself, "really, why would anyone even participate?"
Now that N. Korea has tested nuclear weapons, does Team America: World Police seem oddly prophetic? (If you haven't seen that movie, I can't stress enough how funny and worth a rent it is)
With this whole Mark Foley - underage page issue: It seems to me this issue is more about homophobia than pedophelia. People are outraged that he was harassing these unerage pages, but the kids are like 16. If he were hitting on some 16 year old female pages, do you people would be panicing this badly? (By no means am I saying he didn't do anything wrong) Sure they'd be upset about the sexual harassment, but would they still be screaming pedo or are they just screaming pedo because it isn't pc to scream homo?
I heard a professor of Islamic studies in an interview last night claiming that Muslim society is the only one that western culture makes fun of? Has no one seen South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut? I'm fairly sure rednecks and jews and black people and asian people are adequately assailed.

No comments: