Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Preparations

It's 6:30. Yoga is at 7:30 (I know, I could have taken the 6:00 class, but I like the 7:30 class more). I'm trying to motivate myself to hang out the extra hour and go. But really I just want to go home. But I haven't been since last Monday night, and I probably won't go tomorrow.

My parents have embarked on this massive picture project. They've taken all the pictures from when we and they were growing up, and have been organizing and scanning each of them. The idea is to make them all available to all of us - so we all have the pictures of our childhood. It's a monster project - I can't even believe they are doing it. But they want it to be a surprise for Keith (since he's really the only one that doesn't know yet), so it needs to be DONE by the time Keith and Tania get in on Wednesday.

(It's going to be so much easier for those that are kids right now. My nephews and Emma and Bobby's neice practically have their lives documented in digital photo and video and uploaded onto the web. We won't be showing anyone's dates their baby pictures, they just need to google them.)

At the same time, my mom wanted the house to be decorated for Christmas when they got here. Keith is especially partial to Christmas. So mom asked Jessica and I to decorate on Saturday. Like always, it was fun for about 5 minutes, then it was a chore. But we did it. Have to add, that trees are cheap at Wal-Mart. As much as I hate that place, I might buy my tree there every year. We got a 5-6 ft. Noble for about $35 (they were $80 at the tree farm).

Yesterday I spent about 4 hours on Malachy's present. Printed 110 pictures and put them into an album. It's kinda hard making sure you have enough pictures of everyone, and spacing them about evenly. Suddenly realize I have very few pics of my middle brother's wife. Have to find some, trying to keep it limited to pics from the last 2 years. Barely any of my younger brother - he's been AWOL a lot.

No comments: